Course: Low Fat, Dressings, Sauces, Marinades
Products: Slow Cookers
8 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced2 24 oz. jars unsweetened apple sauce2 cups sugar3 tsp ground cinnamon1 tsp honey1/2 tsp ground nutmeg1/4 tsp ground cloves
1. Place apple sauce, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in slow cooker crock.
2. Add sliced apples and stir to mix.
3. Cook on LOW for 12 hours or overnight.
4. Remove cover of slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or until liquid is reduced and apple butter thickens to desired consistency.
5. Place about 1 cup apple butter in small jars. Refrigerate.
Yield: 8 cups
Tip: To give Apple Butter as gifts, tie a ribbon around top of jars and package with a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread!
Calories 19.55 • Calories From Fat (1%) 0.23 • Total Fat 0.03g <1% • Saturated Fat 0.01g <1% • Cholesterol 0mg 0% • Sodium 0.18mg <1% • Potassium 14.61mg <1% • Total Carbohydrates 5.1g 2% • Fiber 0.36g 1% • Sugar 4.59g • Protein 0.04g <1%