Banana Sour Cream Waffles
Course: Breakfast Foods, Kid Friendly
Products: Waffle Bakers
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, separated
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 ripe banana, mashed
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg white with a whisk until light peaks form. Add egg yolk, sour cream, milk, butter, and banana to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Fold in the whipped egg white. Pour batter into waffle baker.
Test Kitchen Tips:
- Homemade waffle batter may take longer to cook than packaged pancake and waffle mix. The packaged mix waffles are done in about 5 minutes. Made from scratch recipes take a few minutes more.
- The Belgian waffle grid holds more batter than a traditional grid. These recipes give a range of batter to use, for example, 2/3 to 3/4 cup. The larger amount should be used for a Belgian waffle grid.
- Waffles can be frozen and then reheated. Make a large batch ahead of time and let cool on a cooling rack. Freeze in airtight storage bags then heat in an oven or microwave.