Banh Mi with Cilantro-Lime Mayonnaise
Course: Main Course, Sandwiches
Products: Slow Cookers
- 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 pound sirloin tip roast, trimmed
- 6 Tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 French bread rolls (8 inches each)
- 1 cup shredded matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- Place roast in slow cooker crock.
- Stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes. Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 2 to 2 1/2 hours or LOW 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove roast from crock and thinly slice. Return beef to crock and toss with sauce mixture. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir mayonnaise, lime juice and cilantro in a small bowl until well blended.
- Split bread lengthwise and spread with mayonnaise mixture. Top with beef, carrots and radishes.
Test Kitchen Tip: Use less crushed red pepper if you do not want it as spicy. Sliced cucumbers or cabbage can be used in addition to the matchstick carrots.