Serves: 4 (1 lb. servings) Note:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine yeast and 1/4 cup warm water. Stir until dissolved. Add remaining warm water, butter, sugar and salt. Stir until mixed.
- Add 3 cups of flour and mix* until blended. Add enough of the remaining flour until dough forms a smooth ball that is slightly sticky to the touch.
- Place dough in large, greased bowl. Cover and let rise until double in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and shape into loaf. Place loaf into a 9x5-inch greased loaf pans and let rise until double in size, about an hour.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
Use mixer equipped with dough hooks. Success Tip:
Warm water for dissolving dry yeast should be between 105°F and 115°F. If a thermometer isn't available, run hot water over your wrist. It should feel very warm, but not uncomfortably hot.