- Season beef roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in deep skillet or stovetop safe slow cooker vessel on stovetop. Brown roast well on all sides. Remove from heat, remove roast from cookware and set aside.
- Place onion and garlic in cookware and brown lightly with residual heat from cookware.
- Transfer onion and garlic to slow cooker base and place roast on top of onion and garlic (or simply place meat on top of onion mixture if using stovetop safe slow cooker vessel). Surround roast with potatoes and carrots.
- Pour beef broth over all and top with thyme sprigs.
- Cover and place cookware on slow cooker base and cook on HIGH for 4 hours, on LOW for 8 hours.
- Remove roast to serving platter. Discard thyme sprigs. Using slotted spoon, remove vegetables to serving platter with roast. Cover with foil to keep warm.
Nutritional Information: (Based on Individual Serving: 12 oz. Beef and Vegetables) Calories: 330 • Total Fat 9 g • Saturated 3 g • Cholesterol 85 g • Sodium 230 mg • Carbohydrates 27 g • Dietary Fiber 4 g • Sugars 3 g • Protein 35 g
Note: This recipe was developed by Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc.