Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Blue Cheese Slaw
Course: Appetizers, Main Course
Products: Slow Cookers
- 3/4 cup hot sauce
- 3 Tablespoons butter, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Slider buns, split
- Blue Cheese Coleslaw
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons hot sauce
- Combine 3/4 cup hot sauce, butter, salt and pepper in slow cooker crock.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes or until butter is melted; stir until blended.
- Add chicken breasts, turning to coat with hot sauce mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or LOW for 3 to 4 hours or until chicken is fork tender.
- Remove chicken from crock; reserve 1 1/2 cups liquid. Shred chicken and return to crock with reserved liquid.
- Stir mayonnaise and 4 teaspoons hot sauce until well blended.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on bottom of buns, top with chicken mixture and Blue Cheese Coleslaw.
TEST KITCHEN TIP: For food safety, chicken must reach an internal temperature of 165°F. Visit www.foodsafety.gov for more information on safe internal cooking temperatures.