Chipotle Turkey Barbecue
Course: Sandwiches, Main Course, Appetizers
Products: Slow Cookers
- 4 pounds bone-in turkey; drumsticks or thighs*
- 1 can (7-oz.) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- Barbecue sauce (optional)
*Some turkey drumsticks are too long to fit in the 4-qt. slow cooker, so use small legs.
- Place turkey in crock of a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Combine peppers in adobo sauce and vinegar in food processor or chopper. Pulse to coarsely chop.
- Spread mixture over turkey in crock.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until meat falls off bone.
- Remove turkey from crock; reserve sauce. Let cool enough to handle meat.
- Shred meat, discarding skin and bones. Mix with enough sauce to moisten (mixture will be very spicy).
- Serve turkey in slider buns topped with coleslaw and pickles. Add barbecue sauce if desired.
Serves: 6 to 8