Serves: 12 Note:
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add milk, oil, sugar, egg, salt, and 2 cups flour. Mix until blended.
- Add 1 more cup flour and mix.* Add enough of the remaining flour and continue kneading until dough forms a smooth ball that is slightly sticky to the touch.
- Place dough in greased bowl and cover with a towel. Let rise 45 minutes.
- Punch down and pat into a greased 9x13 pan. Using a sharp knife, cut almost through dough into squares.
- Brush cuts with melted butter. Let rise until double in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake in 400°F oven for 20-25 minutes.
Use mixer equipped with dough hooks.