Course: Kid Friendly, Desserts
Products: Ice Cream Makers
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product:
Ice Cream Maker - 1.5 Quart, 4 Quart Sizes
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 1⁄2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon (.625 ml) salt
- 2 cups (500 ml) whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) vanilla extract
- In medium saucepan, beat together eggs, milk, sugar, honey, and salt.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and reaches at least 160ºF (71ºC).
- Cool quickly by placing pan in ice or cold water and stirring for few minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to freeze, mix whipping cream and vanilla into the chilled custard mixture.
- Start ice cream maker and pour mixture through hole in lid. Mixture will be thick; using a mixing bowl with a pour spout would be ideal when using this recipe. Churn for 20-40 minutes or until desired consistency.
To Use this Recipe with 4 Qt. Ice Cream Maker: Triple all ingredient measurements. Pour into canister. Follow instructions for 4 Quart Ice Cream Maker.
Note: This recipe was developed by Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc.