Products: Ovens, Toaster Ovens
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Toaster Oven
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves, stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 loaf crusty Italian bread
- 1 or 2 fresh tomatoes, sliced or chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
: You can make this ahead of time and store in refrigerator.
- With shredding disk inserted, shred cheese in food processor. Remove from food processor and set aside.
- Insert S-blade in food processor and coarsely chop basil leaves and garlic. Add vinegar and pulse a few times. Add pine nuts to basil mixture and pulse until coarsely chopped. With food processor running, drizzle olive oil through feed chute until ingredients are coated and spreadable. Add half of the already grated parmesan cheese and pulse until just blended.
- To assemble: Slice crusty bread on diagonal, place on toaster oven size cookie sheet. On each piece of bread, spread basil mixture. Place tomatoes on top of basil, add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle some of the remaining cheese on top.
- Place in preheated 350°F toaster oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts and bread is warmed. Serve as an appetizer.