Great Smashed Potatoes
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup spinach leaves, stems removed
- 1/4 cup breast milk or formula
- Pour 2/3 cup water into water reservoir and cover it. Assemble processing bowl and steaming basket. Place spinach in steaming basket. Add slicing disc.
- Slice potatoes into steaming basket on top of spinach leaves. Remove lid and slicing disc, then replace lid.
- Steam until light turns off.
- Remove steaming basket. Reserve steaming liquid from processing bowl for pureeing. Insert puree/chopping blade and place potato mixture in bowl.
- Puree, adding enough reserved liquid to reach desired consistency. Cool before serving.
- Refrigerate remaining mixture or freeze in storage containers.
Makes: 1 1/2 cups