Course: Main Course, Soups, Stews and Chili
Products: Slow Cookers
- 2 pounds hot Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large green pepper, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 packages (about 2 oz. each) chili seasoning
- 2 cans (16 oz. each) kidney beans, drained
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- Shredded Cheddar cheese, sliced jalapenos, sour cream, if desired
- Crumble sausage and ground beef into large skillet. Over medium high heat, brown sausage and ground beef. Drain fat.
- Add garlic, green pepper, onion and jalapeno to meat mixture and cook until onion is softened.
- Place meat and onion mixture in slow cooker crock.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- Serve with shredded Cheddar cheese, sliced jalapenos and sour cream, if desired.