Harvest Apple Cake
Products: Ovens, Food Processors, Roaster Ovens
A moist cake to bake on a cold Fall day filled with apples, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups finely chopped, peeled apple
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 20 square caramel candies
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 Tablespoons apple juice
- Preheat roaster oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 10 to 12 cup bundt or tube pan; set aside.
- In large mixer bowl, beat eggs, oil and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat until smooth. Batter will be thick.
- Stir in pecans and apples. Pour into prepared pan.
- Place in roaster oven on insert rack.
- Bake 60 - 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes then invert on rack to cool.
- For glaze, microwave caramels and apple juice in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 45 seconds to 1 minute or until caramels are completely melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in confectioners' sugar. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Test Kitchen Tip: Once apples are peeled or cut and exposed to air, they begin to brown. Peel and chop the apples just before adding to the batter. Once peeled and cored, a medium apple will yield approximately 1 cup of chopped apple.