Homemade Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Course: Kid Friendly, Desserts
Products: Ice Cream Makers
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Half-Pint™ Ice Cream Maker
- 1 cup (250 ml) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided, 1/2 cup coarsely chopped
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) half 'n half or evaporated milk (chilled)
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) vanilla extract
- In heavy saucepan, combine 1/2 cup (125 ml) chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly just until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- When ready to freeze, mix half ’n half or chilled evaporated milk and vanilla extract into the chilled mixture.
- Start ice cream maker and pour mixture through hole in lid.
- After 15 minutes, add remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) of chocolate chips, coarsely chopped.
- Continue to freeze until desired consistency or the unit stops.