Course: Heart Healthy, Main Course
Products: Juice Extractors, Food Processors
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Products: Food Processors
- 2 lb. boneless pork tenderloin
- 2 onions, sliced in food processor
- 2 granny smith apples, cored, sliced in food processor
- 2 granny smith apples, juiced in juice extractor
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish.
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Season pork with pepper and place in roasting pan in oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together honey, Dijon mustard, and brown sugar. After pork has roasted for 20 minutes pour half of the honey mixture (reserving the other half) over the roast and continue roasting until internal temperature reaches 160º F. Baste pork roast with some of reserved honey mustard mixture several times during second half of roasting, reserving some of the mixture to serve with pork.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large sauté pan over medium heat. Add sliced onions and do not stir for approximately 5 minutes. Toss onion and then do not stir for another 5 minutes. Add apple slices and toss together with onions. Cook for 3-5 more minutes, or until apples become tender and mixture is caramel colored. Stir in ½ cup of fresh apple juice and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Serve sliced pork tenderloin with caramelized onions and apples, drizzled with reserved honey mustard glaze and garnish with chopped parsley.
for more information about internal food temperatures and doneness.
Nutritional Information: (Based on Individual Serving: 2 slices) • Calories: 250 • Total Fat: 9g • Saturated: 2.5g • Cholesterol: 75mg • Sodium: 390mg • Carbohydrates: 21g • Dietary Fiber: 1g • Sugars: 18g • Protein: 24g Serves: 8 Note:
This recipe was developed by Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc.