- In a large bowl sprinkle yeast over water. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes or until foamy. Stir to mix, then add oil, honey, salt, and egg. Mix.
- Add 2 cups of the flour and mix for about 1 minute. Let stand about 20 minutes until bubbly and starting to rise. Add 1 more cup flour and mix.* Add enough of the remaining flour until dough forms a smooth ball that is slightly sticky to the touch.
- Place dough in large, greased bowl. Cover and let rise 30 minutes or until double in size.
- Punch dough down and let rise 1 hour. Punch down. Shape into loaf. Place loaf into 9x5 inch greased loaf pan and let rise until double in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes.
Use mixer equipped with dough hooks. Success Tip:
To shape loaves, roll out the dough to a rectangle, with the shorter side being slightly longer than the length of the pan. Starting at the shorter end, roll up the dough. Tuch the end under and place in the greased loaf pan.