Irish Soda Bread
Products: Hand Mixers, Stand Mixers
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, stir milk, butter, white vinegar, eggs, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and raisins until just blended.
- Divide mixture in half; shape into two round loaves. Cut an X in top of each loaf.
- Place loaves on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
Test Kitchen Tip: Dust the loaves with extra flour before cutting an X in the top if you like the floured appearance on the bread.