Course: Desserts, Kid Friendly
Products: Hand Mixers, Stand Mixers
Yield: About 36 Bars
- 1 pkg. (18 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 box (1 lb.) confectioner's sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl combine dry cake mix, 1 egg and butter. Using wire beaters mix until combined on speed 1. Pat into ungreased 9x13-inch pan.
- With same mixing bowl and same beaters (not necessary to wash) beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth on speed 2.
- Add eggs and extracts, and beat until well blended on speed 3.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over top of cake in pan. Bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool, then cut into bars.