Course: Dressings, Sauces, Marinades
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Blender
- 1 can (15 oz.) whole tomatoes
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper
- 1 jar (6 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
Serves: 1 (2 cup servings)
- Blend tomatoes in blender on low speed until smooth.
- Add other ingredients and pulse until coarsely chopped. Heat, if desired, and pour over pasta.
Make an extra batch and freeze for future use. Store in freezer containers or plastic freezer bags, label and date. This sauce can be frozen for up to 4 months.
If fresh herbs are available, substitute 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano for the dried basil and oregano.