Course: Quick and Easy, Kid Friendly, Desserts
Products: Ice Cream Makers
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Half-Pint™ Soft-Serve Ice Cream Maker
- 1/3 cup green tea (fresh brewed or ready made)
- 1-6oz. peach soy yogurt
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup soymilk (or light soymilk)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup frozen peaches
1. Make sure ice cream bowls are completely frozen.
2. In a small/med saucepan over medium high heat, whisk together green tea, yogurt, salt and soymilk. Bring to just below a boil, stirring constantly until mixture begins to thicken and look a bit “foamy” (about 5 – 7 minutes). Remove from heat; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until smooth. Add soymilk mixture to egg mixture, whisking all the time to prevent the eggs from “cooking.”
4. Pour combined mixture back into original saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, for another 5-7 minutes.
5. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature, stir, then place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
6. Pour cooled mixture into blender and add frozen peaches. Blend until peaches are chopped, about 10-15 seconds.
7. Pour mixture into ice cream bowls, replace motor housing and turn unit on.
Yield: 2-3 servings
TEST KITCHEN TIP: Use any flavor soy yogurt and frozen fruit to substitute for peach – other flavors will work just as well. Try strawberry, raspberry or blueberry!
This recipe was developed by Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc.