Course: Main Course
Products: Roaster Ovens
- 10 lbs. pork shoulder or Boston blade roasts
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cans (28 oz. each) whole tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups vinegar*
- 1/2 cup Worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons crushed red pepper
*Though any type of vinegar can be used, cider vinegar has a more mellow flavor than white vinegar.
1. Remove rack. You will not need it for this recipe.
2. Line insert of pan with aluminum foil. Place pork in insert pan. Cover and set roaster temperature at 325°F.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine remaining ingredients. Stir to mix and break up whole tomatoes.
4. Pour tomatoe/vinegar mixture over pork. Cook for 3 hours or until meat falls away from bone. Internal meat temperature should reach at least 160°F. Remove meat and slice or mince. Spoon sauce over pork to serve.
TEST KITCHEN TIP: Use kitchen shears to cut tomatoes while still in the can.