1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tins with paper or foil liners.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar; then beat in eggs, egg yolk and orange extract.
4. Add crushed pineapple and beat – batter will be lumpy.
5. Add flour mixture and beat until blended. Gently stir in coconut.
6. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool, then enjoy!
Test Kitchen Tip: To make Marshmallow Chick Cupcakes, tint about 1 cup of coconut green with food coloring. Simply place coconut in a bowl and toss with food coloring until evenly colored. Tint prepared frosting with green food coloring. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with green coconut. Top with one marshmallow chick.
Nutritional Information: Serving size: 1/16 of a recipe (1.8 ounces).
Calories 139.11 • Calories From Fat (34%) 46.91 • Total Fat 5.39g 8% • Saturated Fat 3.49g 17% • Cholesterol 42.4mg 14% • Sodium 186.23mg 8% • Potassium 57.53mg 2% • Total Carbohydrates 20.95g 7% • Fiber 0.62g 2% • Sugar 10.62g • Protein 2.29g 5%