Slow Cooker Whole Chicken and Vegetables
Course: Main Course
Products: Slow Cookers
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (5 1/2 to 6 pound) whole chicken
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 medium carrots, sliced 1 1/2-inch thick
- 4 small red potatoes, cut in eighths
- 3 celery ribs, sliced 1 1/2-inch thick
- Place half of sliced onion on bottom of slow cooker crock.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle all sides with seasoned salt and pepper. Place chicken on top of sliced onions in crock.
- Arrange remaining onion, carrots, potatoes and celery around chicken.
- Cover slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Chicken is done when meat temperature registers 170°F in the breast or 180°F in the thickest part of the thigh.
Serves: 4 to 6