Course: Desserts, Kid Friendly
Products: Stand Mixers
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Stand Mixers
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Using the flat beater attachment, beat shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla at a medium setting until well blended.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add dry ingredients until blended. Dough will be crumbly.
- Roll 3 tablespoon-size portions of the dough into a ball. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press to 1/2 –inch (1 cm) thick.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes. Do not overcook.