Sour Cream Pound Cake
Course: Kid Friendly, Desserts
Products: Hand Mixers, Stand Mixers
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Hand Mixers
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 container (8 oz.) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening, and sugar. Add egg and beat.
- Add flour, sour cream, and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- Spoon into greased and floured tube or bundt pan. Bake at 325°F for 1&1/2 hours or until tests done with toothpick.
8 Success Tip:
Have all ingredients at room temperature before starting. This will help ensure proper blending. Substitution:
For a lighter textured cake, separate the eggs and beat the whites until stiff, but not dry. Fold in the egg whites after the rest of the ingredients are blended.