Course: Main Course, Heart Healthy
Products: Indoor Grills, Food Processors
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Food ChoppersIndoor Grills
- 1 pound fat free, ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning, spicy
- ½ slice 100% whole wheat bread
- ¼ cup nonfat milk
- ½ fennel bulb, cored and cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ small shallot, cut in half
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small tomato, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes
- Tear bread into small pieces and, in a small bowl, combine with nonfat milk. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine ground turkey with Montreal steak seasoning.
- Add bread and milk mixture to turkey mixture and combine well. Form into 6 patties.
- Pulse shallots in chopper until coarsely chopped.
- Add fennel pieces to chopper and pulse with shallots until coarsely chopped. Remove to small bowl.
- Add tomato and parsley to chopper and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add chopped tomato and parsley to fennel mixture.
- Stir olive oil, lemon juice and freshly ground pepper into relish. Set aside.
- Grill or broil turkey burgers until internal temperature reaches 160° degrees F. Place cooked burgers on toasted whole-wheat buns, top with Fennel & Shallot relish. Serve immediately.
for more information about internal food temperatures and doneness.
Nutritional Information: (Based on Individual Serving: 4 oz.) • Calories: 290 • Total Fat: 5g • Saturated: 0.5g • Cholesterol: 45g • Sodium: 460mg • Carbohydrates: 30g • Dietary Fiber: 5g • Sugars: 6g • Protein: 34g Serves: 6 Note:
This recipe was developed by Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc.