1. In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in the olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden, about 10 minutes.
2. Add the rice. Cook and stir for two minutes, or until the rice is well coated. Scrape the mixture into the slow cooker.
4. Pour in broth and add pepper to taste. Cook for 30 minutes in the Slow Cooker on HIGH.
5. Stir in the spinach and cook for 60 – 75 minutes more, or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
6. Stir in the basil, the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and the cheese. Serve hot.
for more information on safe internal cooking temperatures.
This recipe developed by Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc.