- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper or foil liners.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and unsweetened cocoa. Set mixture aside.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar. Beat until they are pale yellow and fluffy, then add eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Add vanilla, flour and milk. Beat until combined.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool.
- Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting.
- Use a small round decorating tip to create feathers and a leaf decorating tip to create ears.
- Cut chocolate sandwich cookies in half. Place on cupcakes, white side up, to make eyes.
- Press chocolate candies in white part of cookies to make eye balls. (Add a drop of frosting to make hold in place.)
- Add the jelly bean or oblong candy for the beak.
TEST KITCHEN TIP: Place a bite-size peanut butter cup in the center of each cupcake just before baking. This will result in a peanut butter center once the cupcakes are baked. Frost with peanut butter frosting for an added peanut lover’s treat!!
Nutritional Information: (Serving size: 1/16 of a recipe [2.1 ounces].)
Calories 164.42 • Calories From Fat (25%) 40.61 • Total Fat 4.62g 7% • Saturated Fat 2.64g 13% • Cholesterol 32.41mg 11% • Sodium 140.83mg 6% • Potassium 103.07mg 3% • Total Carbohydrates 30g 10% • Fiber 1.62g 6% • Sugar 19.64g • Protein 3.16g 6%