Products: Roaster Ovens
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product:Roaster Oven
- 1 tablespoon Butter for pan
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 5 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Remove rack. Pour 3 quarts hot tap water one at a time, into insert pan. Cover and preheat to 325°F. Generously butter bottom and sides of 9-inch springform pan. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over bottom of pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and beat. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla and lemon. Pour into prepared springform pan.
3. Cover springform pan with aluminum foil. (This prevents condensation in roaster from dripping onto cake.) Place pan on rack and place in roaster.
4. Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Carefully remove and refrigerate to cool thoroughly before serving.
Let eggs warm to room temperature before adding to the batter. Eggs beat to a greater volume if they are between 65 degrees F and 75 degrees F when beaten.
Try using crushed vanilla wafers instead of graham cracker crumbs for the crust. Place vanilla wafers in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin until crumb consistency.