- Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese and Balsamic Dressing
Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese and Balsamic Dressing
Course: Side Dishes
- 2 pounds fresh beets, trimmed
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 package (14 oz.) mixed salad greens
- 1 container (4 oz.) crumbled goat cheese
- 2 large oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- To roast beets, place each trimmed beet on a square of aluminum foil. Brush the beets with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Wrap the beets and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until beets are tender.
- Remove beets from oven and let stand 10 minutes to cool. Peel beets by rubbing the skin with a paper towel. Chill.
- Combine 1/2 cup olive oil, balsamic vinegar,salt and pepper.
- On salad plates arrange salad greens, sliced beets and orange slices. Sprinkle with goat cheese and walnuts. Drizzle with balsamic dressing.