Sausage and Bacon Stuffins
Course: Side Dishes
Products: Food Processors
- 1 package (8 oz.) corn muffin mix, baked, crumbled
- 1 package (16 oz.) Pepperidge Farm herb stuffing
- 1/2 pound bacon, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (19 oz.) sweet or hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 ribs celery with leaves, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease muffin tin;set aside.
- In a very large bowl, combine stuffing mix and cornbread; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Add bacon and drippings to stuffing.
- Place sausage in skillet. Cook until browned. Add sausage and drippings to stuffing.
- In another skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook onion and celery until just starting to become translucent. Add mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Add onion, celery, mushrooms, butter, sage, salt and pepper to stuffing. Stir to combine.
- Stir in enough chicken broth to make stuffing moist.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup mixture in each muffin cup.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until muffins are browned and crisp.