Sauteed Pork Chops with Curried Ginger Peach Sauce
Course: Main Course, Heart Healthy
Products: Food Processors, Slow Cookers, Blenders
- Three 14.5 oz. cans peach slices in 100% juice, two undrained, one drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger root
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 lean boneless pork chops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place peaches, lemon juice, ginger, curry, cinnamon and nutmeg in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or on LOW for 4 hours.
- In a blender or food processor, following instructions for hot liquids, puree half of the cooked peach sauce and return to slow cooker.
- Stir and cook on low while preparing the pork.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Cook in medium sauté pan until the internal temperature measures at least 160°F.
- Serve cooked pork chops with Curried Ginger Peach Sauce.
Visit www.foodsafety.gov for more information about internal food temperatures and doneness.
Tip: Serve with cooked brown basmati rice (not included in nutritional analysis).
Nutritional Information: (Based on Individual Serving: 6 oz.) • Calories: 170 • Total Fat: 4.5g • Saturated: 1.5g • Cholesterol: 40g • Sodium: 330mg • Carbohydrates: 19g • Dietary Fiber: 2g • Sugars: 16g • Protein: 15g
Note: This recipe was developed by Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc.