Shortbread Toffee Cookies
Course: Kid Friendly, Desserts
Products: Stand Mixers, Hand Mixers
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) English toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place butter and sugars in a mixing bowl. Using wire beaters, cream butter and sugars.
- Add oil, eggs and extract; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture beating until well mixed.
- Reserve 1/4 cup toffie bits for decorating. Add remaining toffee bits to batter and beat until just mixed.
- Roll dough into balls using 1 tablespoon of dough for each. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten each ball with the bottom of a glass. Sprinkle with reserved toffee bits.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate, if desired.
Serves: 6 dozen