Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
Course: Main Course
Products: Food Processors, Slow Cookers, Food Choppers
A perfect dinner that everyone will love.
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) cannellini beans, drained
- 1 can (4.5 oz.) chopped green chilies
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 package (2 cups) shredded Colby and Jack cheese, divided
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup salsa
- Heat oil in stovetop-safe slow cooker cookware over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, cook 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, beans, chiles, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir until well blended. Place in a large bowl; set aside.
- Add 1/3 cup chicken mixture and 1 Tablespoon of cheese to 1 tortilla. Roll up tightly and place in cookware. Repeat with remaining chicken mixture, cheese and tortillas. (Tortillas will be tightly packed in cookware.)
- Stir tomatoes with chilies and salsa. Pour over enchiladas.
- Cover and cook for 2 hours on HIGH or 4 hours on LOW. After cooking is complete and slow cooker is on WARM, sprinkle remaining cheese over enchilades. Cover until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Test Kitchen Tip: Using an S-Blade in a food processor, pulse beans and 1 Tablespoons water until smooth. Add additional water if needed. Spread puree about 1 Tablespoon on each tortilla before adding chicken mixture. Repeat with remaining tortillas, puree and chicken mixture. Follow with Step 5.