Spinach and Mozzarella Egg White Breakfast Sandwich
Course: Sandwiches, Quick and Easy, Low-Fat, Breakfast Foods
Products: Breakfast Sandwich Maker
This healthy breakfast will keep your taste buds and your waistline happy. For a loaded breakfast sandwich recipe, visit our Everyday Good Thinking Blog.
- 1 whole wheat English muffin, split
- 4 to 6 fresh spinach leaves
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese
- 1 thinly sliced red pepper ring
- 2 large egg whites
- Preheat Breakfast Sandwich Maker until green READY light comes on. Lift cover, top ring and cooking plate.
- Place bottom half of English muffin, split-side up in bottom ring of Breakfast Sandwich Maker. Top with spinach, mozzarella cheese and red pepper.
- Lower cooking plate and top ring. Add egg whites to cooking plate.
- Top with remaining muffin half, split-side down.
- Close cover. Cook 4 to 5 minutes.
- Slide out cooking plate by rotating handle clockwise. Lift cover and rings; carefully remove sandwich with plastic spatula.