Spinach and Pear Puree
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, stems removed
- 1 medium pear, peeled and seeded
- Pour 2/3 cup water into water reservoir and cover it. Assemble processing bowl and steaming basket. Place spinach in steaming basket and add slicing disc.
- Slice pears into steaming basket on top of spinach. Remove lid and slicing disc, then replace lid.
- Steam until light turns off.
- Remove steaming basket. Reserve steaming liquid from bowl for pureeing. Insert the puree/chopping blade and place spinach and pear in bowl.
- Puree, adding enough reserved liquid to reach desired consistency. Cool before serving.
- Refrigerate remaining mixture or freeze in storage containers.
Makes: 1 1/2 cups