Course: Main Course
Products: Slow Cookers
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves, minced
- 2 cups short-grain rice, such as Arborio
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 package (10-ounce) fresh spinach, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet or stovetop-safe vessel, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Stirring occasionally, cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice. Cook and stir for two minutes, or until the rice is well coated. Place stovetop-safe vessel with rice mixture in slow cooker or spoon rice mixture into slow cooker crock.
- Pour in chicken broth, wine, salt and pepper.
- Cook on HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until rice is tender and most of liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in spinach, basil and Parmesan cheese. Cook 15 minutes longer until spinach is wilted and cheese is melted.