Watermelon Lime Mint Sorbet
Course: Low-Fat, Desserts
Products: Ice Cream Makers
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 mint leaves
- 4 cups seedless watermelon, cut in chunks
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- Bring water, sugar and mint leaves to a boil over high heat in a medium saucepan to make a simple syrup. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Remove mint leaves and discard. Refrigerate until cold.
- Place simple syrup, watermelon pieces and lime juice in blender jar.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and churn until frozen. For a firmer sorbet, spoon into a container and place in freezer until firm.
TEST KITCHEN TIP: You can vary the fresh herbs used with the watermelon. Our testers loved a combination of mint and rosemary.