Products: Deep Fryers, Hand Mixers, Stand Mixers
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground allspice
- 1 cup sugar
- With a mixer on medium speed, beat pumpkin, brown sugar, buttermilk, oil and egg until blended.
- Gradually stir in flour, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and allspice until well blended. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in deep fryer with basket to 375ºF.
- Roll dough to 3/8-inch thickness on floured surface. Using a floured doughnut cutter, cut doughnuts. Gather pieces, roll and cut again. Repeat cutting and rolling with remaining dough.
- Carefully, lower donuts into deep fryer. Cook 1 minute and turn over. (Doughnut will raise to the surface before 1 minute.)
- Cook an additional minute. Remove to a wire rack lined with paper towels. Cool 5 minutes.
- Shake sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a resealable plastic bag to combine. Add doughnuts, two at a time to bag. Seal bag and shake until doughnuts are coated with cinnamon-sugar mixture.