- Roasted Fig and Arugula Salad with Balsamic Reduction
Roasted Fig and Arugula Salad with Balsamic Reduction
Course: Main Course
- 1 pound fresh figs, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 cups arugula
- 12 (about 6 oz.) very thin slices prosciutto, rolled up
- 4 slices blue cheese
- 4 slices cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In medium saucepan, whisk together balsamic vinegar, honey, rosemary, lemon zest salt and pepper.
- Add figs and stir to coat.
- Line a shallow baking dish with non-stick foil or parchment paper. Use a slotted spoon to transfer figs to baking dish; reserve marinade.
- Roast figs for 8 to 10 minutes or until just beginning to soften; cool.
- Cook reserved marinade in saucepan over medium heat until mixture begins to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until vinegar has reduced by half. Mixture should be syrupy.
- Arrange arugula, roasted figs, prosciutto, blue cheese, cantaloupe and walnuts on salad plates. Drizzle with balsamic reduction.