Salsa con Queso
Course: Dressings, Sauces, Marinades
Products: Slow Cookers
- 1 pound pasteurized processed cheese, cubed
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 two oz. cans chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 oz. shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Place cubed cheese, salsa, chilies, chili powder and garlic powder in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW (1 ½ Qt.) or MEDIUM (Party Crock) for 1 hour.
- Stir and continue to cook until mixture is heated through and cheese is completely melted.
- Stir in Monterey Jack cheese just prior to serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutritional Information: (Based on Individual Serving: 4 oz.)
• Calories: 200 • Total Fat: 13g • Saturated: 8g • Cholesterol: 50mg • Sodium: 1050mg
• Carbohydrates: 7g • Dietary Fiber: 1g • Sugars: 5g • Protein: 9g