Course: Side Dishes
Products: Roaster Ovens
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product:Roaster Oven
- 8 cups regular or converted white rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 8 cups broth or bouillon (can be beef or chicken)
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1. Remove rack. You will not need it for this recipe.
2. Remove insert pan. Replace cover on roaster and preheat to 375°F.
3. Place all ingredients in insert pan. Stir to mix. Place insert pan in roaster oven, cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
Serves: 24 cups
Be sure to use regular rice in this recipe, not instant rice. The amount of rice, liquid and cooking times used are different for instant rice.
Two small or one large onion can be substituted for the dried minced onion. Be sure to finely chop the onion.