Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Course: Breakfast Foods
Products: Stand Mixers
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) (175 ml) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon (6.25 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (250 ml) pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) packed light brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon (3.75 ml) ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) cold butter
- 12 tablespoons (180 ml) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup (310 ml) sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon (3.75 ml) baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon (3.75 ml) salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) sour cream
- 2 1/4 cups (560 ml) all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, combine flour, butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon mix with fork until large crumbs are formed.
- Add pecans and mix to incorporate.
- In another small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter.
- Mix with fork until large crumbs are formed.
- Preheat oven 350ºF (180ºC).
- Grease 13x9-inch baking pan with butter.
- Beat butter on medium speed until smooth. Add sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- With mixer on low speed, add in eggs 1 at a time until well blended.
- Mix in vanilla and sour cream.
- Gradually add flour. Continue to mix until well blended.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Top with streusel mixture.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 30 minutes. Serve warm or cool completely.