Spicy Summer Pasta
Course: Side Dishes, Main Course
Products: Food Processors
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) ruffle pasta
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 pkg. (1 pint) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 cups argula
- 1 pkg. (.75 oz.) fresh basil, sliced
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) crumbled feta, divided
- Cook pasta according to manufacturers directions. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic and crushed red pepper for 1 minute.
- Add yellow squash and zucchini and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomoatoes, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place pasta, 3/4 of the crumbled feta, argula and basil in a large serving bowl.
- Pour vegetable mixture of pasta and toss until well blended.
- Garnish pasta with remaining feta.