Course: Low-Fat, Kid Friendly, Desserts
Products: Ice Cream Makers
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups fresh or thawed frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine sugar and water in heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until all sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat; place in refrigerator and cool completely.
- Puree strawberries; then add lemon juice and sugar water.
- Start ice cream maker and pour mixture through hole in lid.
- Churn for 20–40 minutes or until desired consistency.
(Based on Individual Serving: 5 oz.) Calories: 70 • Total Fat 0 g • Saturated 0 g • Cholesterol 0 g • Sodium 0 mg • Carbohydrates 19 g • Dietary Fiber 2 g • Sugars 17 g • Protein 1 g