Course: Appetizers, Main Course, Side Dishes, Quick and Easy
Products: Deep Fryers
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup ice water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp or 2 heads broccoli flowerettes
- Preheat deep fryer to 375°F.
- Stir flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, sugar. salt, water, oil and egg yolks in large bowl until well blended.
- Place basket in deep fryer. With thongs, carefully place a few items into the preheated oil at a time. Fry until golden brown.
- Raise basket and rest to drain.
- Remove food from basket with wooden slotted spoon or tongs; place on paper towels.