Three-Bean Turkey Chili
Course: Soups, Stews and Chili, Main Course
Products: Slow Cookers
- 2 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cans (10 oz. each) diced tomatoes with green chilies*
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Shredded cheese and jalapenos, optional
- Sauté onion, green pepper and garlic in large pan until softened.
- Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Place meat mixture in slow cooker.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, beef broth, chili powder, cumin, and oregano to slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Add beans. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook 4 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving. Garnish with shredded cheese and sliced jalapeno peppers, if desired.