Course: Main Course
Products: Food Processors
- 8 oz. reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, chilled
- 1 medium onion, peeled and halved
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 package (8 ounces) mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 zucchini, approximately 6 inches each, cut into chunks
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (8 ounce) light cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup skim milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 jar (26 ounce) spaghetti sauce
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- Using slicer/shredder disc, shredding side up, shred mozzarella. Place in small bowl and set aside.
- Using S-blade, place onion and garlic cloves into food processor bowl. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Add mushrooms to bowl. Continue to pulse until mushrooms are coarsely chopped.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion, garlic, and mushroom to skillet.
- Using S-blade, place zucchini in work bowl. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Add zucchini to skillet. Cook until tender, about 8 minutes; set aside.
- Using S-blade, place Parmesan cheese chunks in bowl and process on High until coarsely chopped. Add cream cheese, ricotta cheese, sour cream, egg, and Italian seasonings and process until creamy, about 30 to 40 seconds.
- Grease 9x13-inch baking dish. Place 3 noodles in bottom of baking dish, top with half each of cream cheese mixture, vegetable mixture, 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Repeat layers, ending with noodles and remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake, covered, at 350°F for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.