Course: Heart Healthy, Main Course, Side Dishes
Products: Slow Cookers
- 1 pound eggplant, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 each of yellow, red and green peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Place eggplant cubes in colander; sprinkle with kosher salt. Set aside.
- Spray slow cooker crock lightly with cooking spray.
- Add onion, zucchini, squash, peppers, tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, salt, hot sauce and black pepper to crock.
- Rinse eggplant and pat dry; add to crock.
- Stir all ingredients. Cover and cook on HIGH 2 1/2 hours or LOW 4 1/2 hours until vegetables are cooked.
- Mix in lemon juice, basil and parsley 15 minutes before serving.