White Chocolate Cheesecake
Products: Hand Mixers, Stand Mixers
- 6 oz. white chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In the top of a double boiler, over simmering water, melt white chocolate. Set aside and cool slightly.
- In a small bowl combine vanilla wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until smooth.
- Add vanilla and melted chocolate. Mix until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 45 to 50 minutes or until edges are set. Center will be shaky.
- Cool, then refrigerate 4 hours before serving. May be prepared 1 to 2 days in advance.
Success Tip: Have the eggs at room temperature before adding to the cream cheese mixture. Eggs beat to a greater volume if they are between 65°F and 75°F when beaten.
Substitution: Try using graham crackers instead of vanilla wafers for the crust. Place graham crackers in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin until crumb consistency.